Generation India Foundation seeks to recruit a Business Development and Partnerships Head who embodies our values, understands the future challenges and opportunities for business development and is passionate about creating impact in India’s employment ecosystem.
The Business Development and Partnerships Head is a full-time leadership role that will report directly to the Generation India Foundation’s Chief Operating Officer (COO). The position will be a permanent post with traditional benefits, and salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive. Relevant travel and incidental expenses will also be covered by Generation India Foundation.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume that outlines their candidacy. The cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in Generation. Email both documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development and Partnerships Head – Generation India.”
Generation India Foundation (GIF) is an independent non-profit in India. It started its operations in India in 2014 and has enrolled 7000+ students in its programs. Its programs are available in 32 cities in over 56 training centers across India. Generation has delivered superior outcomes with offer rate of ~87% for our graduates and an employment rate of ~75% which is higher than comparable alternate skilling programs. Retention rates of 65-70% after 3 months in job. Generation India is selected as part of World Bank’s youth employment solutions coalition (S4YE) among 40+ other high impact initiatives; only initiative selected from India.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
To be successful you'll need:
- A strong track record with 6-12 years of experience
- Experience in business development and partnerships across the skills/education sector including government bodies such as NSDC would be valuable
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals
- Ability to work under pressure having a strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with CXO level positions within corporates, foundations, government, etc.
- A solid understanding of business practices related to cause marketing or a demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit partners and in ways that motivate and excite
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- Minimum educational qualification: Post graduate, preferably MBA or equivalent, from a top tier institution
What you'll do:
The Business Development and Partnerships Head will have two primary roles.
1) Building and deepening employer relationships
One of the key pillars of Generation approach is the Employer RoI for investing in skilling of youth. Consequently, Generation manages the employer relationships directly with its own team of City Managers and City Coordinators. The Program Head will have direct responsibility of building and deepening employer relationships which includes generating sufficient job opportunities for our candidates, meeting employers for understanding the requirements and concerns regarding performance of candidates, getting RoI data from employers and convincing employers to invest in skilling by paying for hiring candidates.
2) Forging partnerships with funders, corporates, skilling organizations and governments
An equally critical responsibility of Program head will be to forge partnerships for the Generation program with the organizations that are already running skilling programs and are desirous of improving their outcomes using Generation Methodology in their existing programs. He/she will work with a wider team comprising Programme Managers, City Managers, Placement Coordinators and Implementation Partners of partner organizations for carrying out above mentioned responsibilities.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and results-driven individual responsible for managing and cultivating high potential, long-term relationships.
- EMPLOYER RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop relationships with targeted employers to ensure that all candidates under training are covered 1.5 times in terms of available jobs
- Engage employers meaningfully and push them for employer payments
- Evaluate and communicate employer RoI on a periodic basis
- PARTNERSHIP PORTFOLIO DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive Business Development and Partnership strategy for Generation India Foundation (GIF)
- Contribute to the design and subsequent iterations thereof of existing and new recruitment and partnership archetypes with the objective of creating sustainable, scalable and replicable models across the skills training landscape
- Identify external stakeholders in the skilling eco-system and lead end to end process including generating and tracking leads, holding exploratory discussions, conducting negotiations and formulating innovative proposals/concept notes/MOUs
- Ensure pre-defined success metrics for partnership pilots of scale, quality and sustainability are met at all times
- Monitor results and report on the progress of the major partnerships throughout the year
- Ensure GIF interest is protected in partnership relationships and that external stakeholders fulfil their contractual obligations
- Ensure all relevant legal documentation with respect to relationships with external stakeholders is completed, up to date and appropriately stored as per GIF’s requirements
- Be responsible for transparent reporting of present status across the portfolio to Generation leadership (including Generation India Board and Generation Global Board) and highlight issues for de-bottlenecking
- CLIENT SERVICING
- Manage own portfolio of new and current partners
- Identify partner’s reporting needs on a continuing basis and ensure timely reporting and due diligence as per their expectations
- Manage updating of the internal management system and ensure that all prospective and current partner details are accurately recorded in the database
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of ongoing Business Development and Partnership achievements related to agreed targets
- OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Build relationship with partners with a view to create a reputable public image
- Develop opportunities to communicate the organization’s mission and impact and build awareness and visibility with existing and potential stakeholders
- Represent GIF at various events to gather leads to develop new relationships and improve branding and visibility
- Articulate the mission, goals and program priorities of Generation in written and oral presentations
- Developing presentation materials and production of proposals for prospect meetings and to demonstrate success of Generation methodology, including but not limited to employer RoI case studies
- Maintaining consistent high-quality communication with partners
- TEAM BUILDING
- Build a team of 1-2 people for support in Business Development and Partnerships
- Managing, building and coaching a team to achieve ambitious growth targets
- Define a career path for team members, KPI/KRA and ensure delivery
- Promote a healthy, inclusive and equitable organizational culture that enables exceptional results and engaged staff.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in nine countries—78 cities and 195+ sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.