We are seeking a Business Development Associate to support our country teams and global Employer Engagement Center of Excellence. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Business Development Associate’ in the subject line. Please apply by January 15th.
The Business Development/ Employer Engagement Associate is a full-time role that will report directly to the Global Director of Employer Engagement. You will work closely with the Director and with the Employer Engagement teams in each of our markets to help develop and support our employer partnerships.
Ideal location is in Europe (Spain, France, UK, or Italy). The position may involve global travel, as needed, to support local country teams.
You will report to the Global Director of Employer Engagement.
The position will be a full-time, permanent post with traditional benefits. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To be successful you'll need:
You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are excited at the thought of providing support to country teams to increase the number and effectiveness of our employer partnerships and to deliver long-term impact for employers, our learners and their communities. You can work independently and get things done at a high standard, but also like to collaborate with others to build capabilities and improve processes.
Required experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in B2B sales
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload at a fast pace with strong attention to detail and a high bar for quality
- Strong project management skills, including managing multiple stakeholders and workflows on a tight timeline
- Ability to design and implement processes to guide the work of large teams
- Success in building and managing collaborative relationships, ideally across a range of geographic and cultural contexts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing presentations using Powerpoint or Google slides
- Fluency in English
- Experience in sales or B2B marketing to small and medium enterprises
- Exposure to digital marketing as a B2B marketing tool
- Experience using a CRM tool
- Fluency in additional languages beyond English
- Familiarity with using Excel
- Management consulting experience is a plus
- Excited by the idea of working in a fast-moving global environment
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who can thrive in a remote work environment
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership and timeliness
- Proactive collaborator, willing to propose solutions and ideas based on expertise, debate their merits and make final recommendations
- Self-reflective and open to receiving and giving frequent feedback
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies (e.g., Salesforce/ CRM tool)
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with a high level of attention to detail in tasks and interactions
What you'll do:
- Support Generation country teams with their Employer Engagement efforts. Responsibilities may include:
- Working with country teams to co-develop a strategy to build awareness among, convert, and continuously engage with employer partners, including identification of target employer profile(s), goal setting, prioritization of channels and tactics, and identification of best practice activities for each channel/ tactic. Provide executional support to a subset of country teams
- Collaborating with the Global Digital Marketing Manager and country Employer Engagement teams to effectively use digital marketing to connect with target employer partners and optimize employer landing pages
- Supporting employer outreach efforts, including researching lead generation services and providing guidance to countries on using marketing automation
- Building the capabilities of our country Employer Engagement teams by training and coaching them on best practices for the different stages of employer engagement
- Assisting teams with tools used for tracking and measuring effectiveness (e.g., Salesforce, Zoho, cost-per-hire calculator)
- Problem-solving with teams to address challenges with Employer Engagement
- Plan for long-term success of employer engagement. Responsibilities may include:
- Building out the Generation approach to placement of learners with employers, and ongoing engagement with employer partners and creating a guidebook for country teams
- Updating/ maintaining the global library of Employer Engagement resources and creating new resources as needed, e.g., sector-specific case studies and presentations
- Codifying best practices for endorser and placement partners
- Developing an approach for market due diligence for new roles that country teams can rapidly deploy in any sector
- Analyzing awareness and conversion funnels to identify biggest obstacles to success and suggesting ways to improve effectiveness
- Developing topics and helping present on monthly Employer Engagement Community calls
- Helping implement standardized onboarding for new country Employer Engagement/BD staff as they are hired
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in twelve countries—101 cities and 280 sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.