Association Generation France seeks to recruit a CEO who embodies our values, understands the future challenges and opportunities for the organization, can drive the organization and its people to success, and is passionate about creating impact in France’s employment ecosystem.
The position will be based in Paris. The position will involve traveling nationally for 20%-30% of the time.
The position will report to the Board of Association Generation France. The position holder is expected to collaborate extensively and regularly with the Generation Europe COO.
The position will be a full-time, permanent post with traditional benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be successful you'll need:
Required experience and competencies:
- Strong track record and minimum 10 years of experience in corporate sector with 5+ years of direct leadership and team management experience.
- Experience in fundraising across the skills/education sector for significant donations
- Experience in building close, trust-based working relationships with CXO-level positions within corporates, foundations, government,
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- Demonstrated passion for Generation’s mission and vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences, including written and spoken French
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from multiple stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the creativity and hard work inherent in leading a start-up
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed work ethic with commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals
Strongly desired experience and qualifications:
- Experience of starting/running an education/training/talent related organization is preferred; experience in the skills/education sector would also be an advantage
- Experience/knowledge of the public skilling system in France and/or across Europe, particularly pertaining to vocational skills funding, would be a strong advantage
- Ideal candidate will have experience in leading an organization involved in teaching or working closely with disadvantaged young adults between the ages of 18-29 and/or has extensive knowledge of current trends, issues and the players in the skills training landscape in France
- Command of written and spoken English
What you'll do:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is a full-time role heading Association Generation France, with responsibility for providing operational leadership and strategic direction to the organization. The CEO will report directly to the Association Generation France Board. He/she will be the primary point of contact for senior leadership at Generation Global.
- Define the short- and long-term strategy for Generation in France, and provide continuity to efforts of the organization
- Ensure adequate funding availability for Generation France, through fundraising from private sector, government and foundation sources, with an emphasis on sustainability
- Ensure appropriate organization and staffing and manage the operational team as required to maintain high quality program outcomes, in line with the Generation methodology
- Be the external interface for Generation France with various government entities, private sector organizations, Foundations, and represent Generation in relevant forums
- Accelerate the growth of Generation across cities and sectors, by identifying and securing new opportunities for impactful programming
- Identify areas of risk and take steps to reduce vulnerabilities
- Grow and develop internal talent, and cultivate a strong, values-driven team culture
- Be a credible representative of the efforts of Generation France to current and potential partners, as well as the skill development sector in France
- Develop strategy and ensure execution
- Set the vision and overall strategy for Generation France, ensuring alignment across all relevant stakeholders, including the Generation France Board, Generation Global leadership, and Generation Europe COO
- Set and deliver against realistic goals, agreed in consultation with the leadership team
- Oversee the design and implementation of all operational initiatives including recruitment, training & transition to employment, in accordance with program specifications & funding limits
- Ensure consistent communication with larger Generation organization, including ensuring weekly updates and leading regular alignment calls
- Build and manage external relationships
- Build and manage relationships with multiple implementation partners, and ensure their adherence to Generation methodology, practices and standards
- Ensure all the targets and timelines for expansion and scale up are met
- Manage relationships with employer partners, funders and other partners providing resources to Generation in the form of vacancies and/or funding
- Build relationship with corporate, charitable trusts, international and national grant-giving bodies, chambers of commerce etc., with a view to maintaining a reputable public image and creating new opportunities for partnerships/fundraising
- Represent Generation France, and its programs, in all public forums
- Drive funding and sustainability
- Develop funding strategy, and value proposition for potential funding partnerships and collaboration
- Execute funding strategy in line with revenue targets, by cultivating and securing new funding lines from government, private sector donors, and foundations
- Ensure Generation France delivers against commitments and conditions associated with all funding sources
- Drive fund appropriation to the right projects, and be accountable for funds and usage
- Ensure timely reporting and due diligence as per expectations of partners, especially funding partners, to ensure positive outcomes and sustained relationships
- Manage operations and finances
- Oversee and manage plans for operations and ongoing performance management and review of projects, outcomes and impact
- Monitor results against operational, revenue and cost goals, and provide reports on the progress against same throughout the year
- Oversee design and implementation of human resources policies and procedures, including set up of payroll, benefits plans,
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls including the budgeting process, payables to vendors
- Provide regular operational and financial reports to the Board, Generation Global and Generation Europe COO
- Team building and coaching
- Build, manage and develop team to achieve ambitious revenue and growth targets
- Recruit, train and promote human resources as necessary for the organization
- Define a career path for team members, KPI/KRA and ensure delivery
- Promote a healthy, inclusive and equitable organizational culture that enables exceptional results and engaged staff
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in twelve countries—101 cities and 280 sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.