You will be part of Generation – Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers. Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is its own legal non-profit entity active in 6 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, and Hong Kong – and is actively launching additional sites.
Generation programs are structured as intensive bootcamps ranging from 3–12 weeks. The programs offer students integrated technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
Generation’s programmatic approach includes operating 3–12 week “bootcamp” trainings for young adults to prepare them for employment in a specific profession. The Generation curriculum team designs curricula for the “bootcamps” across our countries and professions. Trainings are based on the technical and behavioral skills and mindsets specific to a given profession determined by our team’s analysis. Technical and behavioral skills and mindsets are taught and practiced in an integrated way throughout the bootcamp training.
We are seeking a talented Curriculum and Instruction Country Lead, interested in being the main point of contact for Generation Curriculum in the United Arab Emirates and planning, managing, and delivering onboarding and professional development to Generation instructors in the country. You will liaise with the Global Curriculum and Instruction Team to help tailor content for the chosen professions to the country context and will be responsible for gathering data and feedback for continuous improvement of the content in collaboration with the Global Curriculum lead. You will also be responsible for the training and onboarding of instructors on the Generation methodology to be able to deliver this training in country. The role can be based in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through May 18, 2018.
To be successful you'll need:
- Recommended minimum 4+ years direct supervisory or management experience, preferably in a commercial organisation. Experience working in country preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience designing and delivering multi-week training programs.
- At least 1 year experience coaching or providing support to instructors.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with educational institutions, and/or has knowledge of current trends in adult learning, issues and the players in the skills training landscape
- Graduate in any field with strong academic track record; Post graduation will be an added advantage
- Fluent English required, fluent Arabic strongly preferred, additional language proficiency desirable
- Creative and analytical thinker with a track record of managing projects and delivering operational targets
- Professional demeanour, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills (English required, local language good to have) and attention to detail
- High degree of independence and experience with self-management
- Interest in leading a community based coalition that stretches across multiple local organisations
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from Generation students and the Generation team
- Positive, solutions orientated attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required of start-ups that takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the programme without guidance
- The candidate should be open to travelling within country, and occasional travel to other Generation sites as per the needs of the program
What you'll do:
Responsibilities may include:
- Program Design
- Support activity mapping with Global Curriculum Lead, working with employers to surface the activities and skills that should be integrated into a curriculum for new professions.
- Liaise with stakeholders (e.g., technical experts, training delivery partners) to gather inputs needed for curriculum design and to obtain feedback on design as needed.
- Collaborate with Global Curriculum Lead in the design process, ensuring content and activities are relevant and appropriate for the Singapore context.
- Support any logistics or communication with stakeholders associated with activity mapping and/or curriculum design.
- Instructor Onboarding
- Design and customize onboarding agendas and session plans to lead trainings with Generation instructors.
- Facilitate online and / or in-person onboarding for Generation instructors, engaging them in an adult-appropriate, participatory way.
- Collect and evaluate data before, during, and after onboarding and trainings to identify lessons learned and any additional support for instructors.
- Instructor Professional Development & Classroom Delivery
- Conduct regular classroom visits for instructors using relevant observation tools (e.g., instructional delivery checklist or instructional effectiveness rubric).
- Analyze observation evidence to determine instructor strengths, areas for improvement, and progress toward development goals.
- Deliver professional development to instructors (e.g., coaching, refresher training, etc.) to help them improve their delivery the Generation methodology and instructional practice.
- Create culture and community among instructors, motivating them and their participants to reach their full potential and invest in Generation’s mission.
- Program Learning and Improvement
- Identify session design and classroom delivery opportunities, challenges, and lessons learned, communicating that information to the Curriculum & Instruction Team.
- Collaborate with Curriculum & Instruction Team and country team to resolve programmatic issues that affect curriculum design, instruction, and program operations.
- Support the Curriculum Lead revising curricula based on lessons learned.
- Provide feedback on global training approaches and tools that are used to support instructor development.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in eight countries—more than 64 cities and 150+ sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.