We are seeking a talented Program Lead to manage operations and program delivery for Generation in Australia. The Program Lead will support the development and management of Generation Australia’s programs and be responsible for end-to-end program implementation.
Applicants must have right to work in Australia.
Location: Sydney, Australia
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter here
Applications close 29 May 2019
Why join us?
- Work on and be a driving force in an exciting new program in a start-up like environment
- Contribute to an important social mission in Australia, improving employment and education opportunities
- Work in a well-supported, international team setting with other Generation teams globally, and a high calibre team to strengthen your problem-solving skills
- Join an organisation that will challenge you and invest in your professional development on an on-going basis
You are an experienced and passionate program and operational manager, energised at the thought of supporting young people into employment. You have an ability to both see the big picture and ensure that the details are getting done. You have proven experience overseeing large-scale programs from inception to completion.
To be successful you'll need:
- Holds a Bachelor/Post-graduate degree
- Recommended minimum 4 years direct supervisory or management experience, preferably in education, government or a commercial organisation
- Experience managing and delivering programs, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexible, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence and a team player
- Engaging and able to build relationships with multiple external stakeholders such as employers, community members, families of students etc with great attention to detail
- Self-reflective and open to receiving and giving feedback to others
- Ability to work against firm deadlines to achieve the targets and objectives
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point etc
What you'll do:
- Lead scoping for programs in Australia (including employer demand & pain-point sensing, learner aspiration sensing, existing training landscape etc.)
- Support the design and development of programs; find ways to make them more sustainable and replicable across Australia
- Develop Generation’s understanding of the barriers to employment faced by young people in Australia, and continually adapt our delivery model to better address these barriers
- Contribute to the development of return on investment frameworks, tools and data collection processes for new job roles and oversee the data collection process
Program management and employer engagement:
- Oversee the implementation of Generation training programs and manage all key elements of the program in collaboration with training partners and employers, including:
- Training delivery: sourcing and managing training partners where necessary
- Recruitment/youth mobilisation: working with youth organisations, job centres and other partners to source young people with the motivation and intrinsic skills necessary to succeed in the end role
- Mentoring provision: providing mentors for participants over the course of their journey with Generation
- Program evaluation: conducting regular program evaluation with young people, employers, and other delivery partners
- Create a consistent employer pipeline and own employer relationships to ensure program outcomes are achieved (placement rate, retention rate, employer & learner ROI)
Operations (Student recruitment, placement and tracking):
- Coordinate timings and logistics for the smooth running of student recruitment, screening and arrangement for placement interviews for successive cohorts
- Oversee the tracking of key program metrics and publish regular dashboards to country/global leadership
- Meticulously track program outcomes and budgets and keep these on target
- Ensure consistent communication with all senior and junior stakeholders at the Funder and Training partners to manage ongoing expectation setting about program outcomes
- Prepare and present regular dashboards customized for various stakeholders
- Collect regular program feedback from all key stakeholders and recommend improvements
- All other duties as assigned by the Generation Senior Management Team
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in ten countries—98 cities and 261 sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.