The Generation MENA Program Director will head our MENA operations, provide overall operational direction, leadership, and manage key stakeholder relationships. S/he will liaise with Global Generation leadership to formulate, drive, and execute on strategy. S/he will be the figurehead of the Generation coalition in MENA, will build and directly manage a team of staff (recruiting, placement, operations functions, among others), and will direct the expansion of cities, programs, and students. S/he will work alongside a peer for the first six months while establishing Generation in the MENA Region and will own the direction and leadership of the program independently thereafter.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following format for your email subject line: “MENA Program Director_First name_Last name.”
To be successful you'll need:
- Minimum of 7 years of business work experience with 3+ years of direct leadership experience is required
- Must be a fluent Arabic speaker and must live in Dubai
- Leadership in operations settings (particularly those overseeing multiple sites or projects simultaneously) and experience holding accountability for large scale operations
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships including those with senior management at employer partners, government officials and agencies where required, negotiating with external vendors and enforcing governance with implementation partners etc
- Entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, proactive mindset required for start-ups that demands taking ownership of targets and seeking opportunities for improvement / growth
- Experience with financial planning and ability to manage budgets efficiently
- Positive, solutions and impact orientated attitude, drive for excellence
- Ability to lead and manage diverse team in a corporate or management consulting environment
- Experience of starting / running a skills training related organization and knowledge of the non-profit landscape is preferable and but not required
- Experience in fundraising across the skills/education sector is useful but not required
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (English) and attention to detail
What you'll do:
- Oversee the high quality implementation of Generation programs across geographies and sectors and hold implementation partners accountable for the same
- Oversee the design and implementation of all initiatives including recruitment, training & transition to employment, in accordance with program specifications & funding limits
- Ensure that programs are running with adherence to Generation methodology, practices and standards and provide problem solving and tactical support to ensure efficient operations where required
- Identify areas of risk and take necessary steps to reduce vulnerabilities
- Prepare and lead the organization through a high growth period over the next 18-24 months
- Ensure all the targets and timelines for expansion and scale up are met
- Ensure appropriate organization and staffing, and grow the team as required
- Manage design and implementation of human resources policies and procedures, including set up of payroll, benefits plans, etc.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls including the budgeting process
- Contribute to and support the development of the growth strategy
- Liaison with the Regional Generation leads and conduct regular meetings with the Generation Leadership team in devising strategy
- Be a credible representative of our efforts with potential partners (employers and training providers) and funders
- Manage relationship with training delivery partners and employers at an overall level, and contribute to grow new relationships with these partners
- Represent Generation and its programs, with potential public and private funders as needed
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in nine countries—78 cities and 195+ sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.