The Global Finance Specialist will work closely with Global Director of Finance, outsourced accounting firm and country offices providing day-to-day support on accounting and finance matters. You’ll be responsible for performing financial risk assessments and maintaining accurate record keeping in financial systems. In consultation with Global Director of Finance and outsourced CPA, you will coordinate the implementation of the Sage Intacct software in all country offices. You’ll provide ongoing advisory on accounting software and record keeping, prepare financial reports required by funders and ensure internal review, approval, and timely submission, assist with annual audit of Global office, as well as in-country audit and site-visits.
Please send resume to email@example.com with Global Finance Specialist in the heading.
To be successful you'll need:
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree required.
- Three to five years of experience in general accounting or project financial support; or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding and experience in grant financial management and reporting is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to interact with culturally and linguistically diverse individuals.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize workload and work collaboratively throughout organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office software, particularly Excel.
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting system and Expensify expense management software is desirable.
What you'll do:
- Prepare check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions using bill.com, international wire platforms, and expense management applications.
- Assist with monthly status reports, monthly closings, and audits.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Maintain accounts receivable tracking and ensure timely reconciliation.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets.
- Coordinate credit card reconciliation and quality check.
- Liaise with external accounting firm to ensure timely and quality recordkeeping.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports.
- In consultation with Director of Finance, ensure financial compliance with donor requirements, internal policies and country specific local laws
- Review and coordinate country office advance requests and reconciliation.
- Provide training and orientation on financial systems and accounting processes and procedures.
- Assist with proposal budget review and quality check.
- Monitor and prepare internal budget vs. actual project/country summaries on a monthly basis or as needed for program management.
- Assists Director of Finance with the preparation of annual budgets
- Travels to international field offices as requested (up to 25%)
- Other duties as assigned
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in nine countries—99 cities and 256 sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.