Head of Program & Operations
Generation Hong Kong seeks to recruit a Head of Program & Operations (assuming the title of Program & Operations Lead) who embodies our values, understands the future challenges and opportunities and is passionate about creating impact in Hong Kong’s education to employment ecosystem.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2021.
To be successful you'll need:
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience, with at least 4+ years direct supervisory or management experience.
- Creative and analytical thinker with a track record of managing projects and delivering operational targets.
- Professional demeanour, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Interest in leading a community based coalition that stretches across multiple local organizations.
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from Generation students and the Generation team
- Positive, solutions orientated attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required of start-ups that takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the programme without guidance.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with educational institutions, and/or has knowledge of current trends, issues and the players in the skills training landscape.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
What you'll do:
The Program & Operations Lead is a full-time role that will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Generation HK. S/he will lead the planning and developing of Generation Hong Kong’s portfolio of programs, and will be directly responsible for implementation/execution of the program. S/he will also manage a wider team comprising Program Managers, Program Coordinators and implementation partners, and will also work closely with other functional teams such as Employer Engagement, Curriculum & Instruction and Marketing & Learner Recruitment. The key responsibilities are:
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND SCALING
- Contribute to the design and subsequent iterations thereof of existing and new employer-led training models for entry-mid level jobs with the objective of making them sustainable, scalable and replicable across the skills training landscape.
- Contribute to developing the strategy for scaling up training models – how to scale, who to scale with, when and where to scale – and source and build relationships with new employers that fit relevant profiles and increase the size of our employer consortium by job group.
- Contribute to the development of ROI frameworks, tools and data collection processes for existing and new job roles and oversee the data collection process and any associated contractors via the Program Management team.
Oversee the implementation of Generation training programmes via the program management team:
- Ensure Key program objectives of scale, quality and sustainability are met at all times.
- Manage and develop any provider relationships ensuring they fulfil their contractual obligations.
- Ensure program delivery/operations is aligned with Generation methodology and standard operating procedures across the recruitment, training, transition to employment and ROI collection phases of the methodology.
- Conduct periodic provider evaluation to ensure Generation is improving the quality of implementation where possible or terminating relationships and partnering with more appropriate providers where appropriate.
Develop relationships with targeted employers to:
- Ensure that all trainings are covered 1.5 times in terms of available jobs.
- Engage them in partnership mode.
- Ensure their specific requirements are addressed and that they honour their side of the partnership agreement.
Manage program team involving:
- Co-developing their respective team and individual role briefs and objectives.
- Detailing their work plans with major activities and milestones.
- Conducting regular performance reviews in line with pre-agreed expectations and performance standards.
- Providing support where required to ensure activities are completed on time and to agreed standards as well as to ensure individuals develop both professionally and personally in their roles.
- Manage resource levels (part time vs full time) to ensure optimal resource utilization of people and assets.
- Support in measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of Generation students, instructors, mentors and alumni on an ongoing basis in coordination with the curriculum and quality team.
- Support the reporting of program outcomes to funders and leadership.
- Ensure all relevant legal documentation is completed, up to date and appropriately stored as per Generation Hong Kong’s requirements and that all team members are aware of any protocols and standards.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.