Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support the implementation of strategic priorities of the human resource function, enabling the function act as a strategic partner in support of a people-centric culture consistent with Generation Values.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Human Capital
Location: Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel to counties.
Type of Position: Assistant
INTERESTED candidates please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your latest resume and application letter. Shortlisting / Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled. Kindly indicate in the Email subject: Human Resources Assistant.
To be successful you'll need:
Knowledge, Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum of Diploma in human resources or related – essential from a reputable institution of learning.
- Minimum 2 years of HR/Administration work experience.
- CHRP (K) Certification – desirable
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- A Generation Kenya Alumni – added advantage
Skills And Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Takes initiatives, proactive and works under minimal supervision.
- Team player and collaborates with others.
- Flexible and is able to navigate challenging situations without compromise.
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and will continually push yourself and others to raise the bar
- Believe in our mission, that fulfilling employment can change lives, and are passionate about doing social good
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and aligned with Generation vision, mission, and values.
- Position is located in Kenya and holder speaks and writes fluent English.
- He/she must have the right to work in the Country.
- Ability to travel frequently within Kenya, and potential occasional travel in the counties.
What you'll do:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provide clerical support to the HR function.
- Conducts or assists with new hire onboarding.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.