Instructor – Manual Quality Assurance Testing Program Generation : You Employed (HK) Limited
We are seeking a talented project-based Instructor to deliver our Manual Quality Assurance (QA) Testing training program that equips youth with the skills to enter Manual QA Tester roles.
The Instructor – Manual Quality Assurance Testing Program is a full-time role that will report directly to the Program Manager of Generation HK.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 18 June.
To be successful you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in other disciplines with relevant experience is also considerable.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the QA testing industry, MNC experience is preferrable.
- 1 year or above experience in delivering training, coaching, or mentoring is preferrable.
- Experience working with young adults, diverse participants, or youth with special education needs (SEN) is definitely an
- Ability to collect and analyze training data.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills in Cantonese and English.
- Mature, able to work independently in a fast paced, start-up working environment.
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed youth with SEN.
What you'll do:
- Deliver classes based on the overarching structure and flow of the curriculum. This includes training on behavioral skills, mindsets, technical, and employment essentials.
- Support the customisation of the curriculum in Hong Kong.
- Prepare lessons by creating annotated lesson plans and integrating stories, examples or classroom exercises to increase participant learning.
- Screen candidates through interviews and prepare them to attend to the training.
- Input data using Generation’s technology platform (e.g., participant attendance, assessment results, etc.).
- Collaborate with the local team to ensure program quality.
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- Mentor participants on a career in Manual QA Testing; provide them guidance on their career prospects and pathway.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by the management.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.