The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Head of Finance & Risk in managing the support and strategic role of Finance.
Reporting to: Head of Finance & Risk.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to counties.
Type of position: Officer Level
Contract Term: Two (2) year Fixed Term Contract
INTERESTED candidates please submit your applications to email@example.com attaching your resume and application letter. Your applications must be received by Monday, August 1, 2022 indicating in the subject: Accountant. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equality and diversity: Generation is committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organization and to equal opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. Generation does not ask for payment from people that apply for jobs with Generation at any stage of the hiring process. If you have any specific queries, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To report instances of fraud or unethical business practices by any of our staff, vendors or mobilisers please reach out on this link for our Ethics hotline and / or the Senior Management Team (SMT)on email@example.com
To be successful you'll need:
Knowledge, Qualifications And Experience
- University Degree in finance related discipline – desirable
- Candidate must have completed CPA.
- At least one (1) year experience in busy finance function – Audit experience will be an added advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, MS project, etc.).
Skills And Abilities
- Excellent oral/presentation skills.
- Excellent written skills in English, especially report writing.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and ability to communicate to people of all walks of life.
- Learning mindset.
- Self-starter with confidence and ability to drive things with minimal oversight.
- cooperative and problem-solving approach.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationship with a wide range of stakeholder.
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity and understanding of how this applies to own
- area of work.
- Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and aligned with Generation vision, mission, and values.
What you'll do:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and set up income & expenditure monitoring systems; keep them under close review and make continuous improvements.
- Manage bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivables ensuring accuracy on intact.
- Oversee update of Intacct and internal systems with financial data, reconcile with payment vouchers for accuracy.
- Create control frameworks.
- Prepare monthly country financial reports and ensure timely month end close.
- Monitor expenses against budget, reconciling employees, suppliers, partners or others and record journal entries as well as ensuring timely closing of accounts.
- Tracking of Budgets and maintenance of a stable financial cash flow through monitoring and forecasts
- Ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met with accurate and timely reporting of financial information.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices and reduce late payments to the maximum extent possible.
- Work with clients to receive payments and maintain good client relationships for Generation.
- Prepare and review requests for cash and ensure all disbursements have appropriate supporting documents and reconcile any discrepancies
- Prepare & review payment vouchers
- Administer payroll
- Ensure timely filling of PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, HELB deductions
Provide advice and recommendations on financial procedures and practices
Maintain awareness of new or changes to existing policies, advise the team on the implications and ensure compliance
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.