Finance & Risk Manager
Generation Kenya is seeking a strong Finance & Risk Manager to lead the finance & Risk Function. In addition to being responsible for the finance and Risk function, this person will provide strategic inputs towards the growth of the overall organization and interact with donors. This person will also manage a small team in addition to working closely with the other functional and regional leads.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Type of Position: Management
Contract Term: One Year Renewable Contract
INTERESTED candidates please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your latest resume and application. Shortlisting / Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled. Kindly indicate in the Email subject: Finance & Risk Manager.
To be successful you'll need:
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of commerce- Finance Option
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Minimum 10 years working in the finance function with at least 3-5 work experience in managerial roles in finance.
- Audit experience will be an added advantage
- Experience in operationally – intensive organizations preferred
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders – both within and outside the organization
- High level of Excel proficiency and communication skills
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage and hold confidential information
- Very high attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects successfully.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 applications.
- Leadership skills
What you'll do:
- Supporting the Board and senior leadership team in setting up strategic goals
- Continuously reviewing and updating the organizational risk framework and preparing relevant processes, systems, and control to enable effective running of the organization
- Coordinate with the global team to align systems, spending policies and procedures
- Create control frameworks
Budgets & Reporting
- Prepare and Manage the organization’s 5 year budget that aligns with strategic goals
- Review monthly country financial reports and consolidate with global financial reports
- Monitor expenses against budget, reconciling employees, suppliers, partners or others and record journal entries as well as ensuring timely closing of accounts
- Maintenance of a stable financial cash flow through monitoring and forecasts
- Ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met with accurate and timely reporting of financial information.
- Prepare Donor reports in line with Donor requirements
- Develop systems that effectively monitor budget Vs actuals for each Donor
- Develop systems and processes that align with Donor requirements
- Continually review internal processes to ensure compliance with Donor agreements
- Maintaining good working relationships with Donors and all partners
- Ensuring all Donor deadlines are met
- Prepare and ensure Donor and project audits are conducted in line with Donor requirements and relevant guidelines
- Collaborating with other departments to support overall organization goals and objectives.
- Providing technical support to partner organizations implementing field activities in line with the partner’s requirements.
- Monitoring and analysing departments work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Developing and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow in the organization
Audit & Statutory Compliance
- Ensure proper Administration of payroll and all statutory obligations
- Oversee annual audits
- Prepare checks and balances to ensure statutory compliance across the organization
- Work with the accountant to gather source data for internal and external annual audits.
Risk & Compliance Management
- Coordinate the creation, review, and implementation of organization policies and develop a risk management strategy
- Continuously review and update the organization risk framework
- With the support of Program Risk team, ensure adherence to the Generation seven step methodology through continuous quality assurance
- With the support of the Operations risk manager, setup systems that will ensure continuous identification,measurement,mitigation,monitoring of all operational and governance Risks
- Risk reporting
- Evaluation of compliance systems and ensuring adequate systems and processes in place.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.