LEAD INSTRUCTOR – FULL STACK DEVELOPER
We are seeking a talented Lead Instructor to teach the curriculum designed by the Generation for a 12 week online/blended Junior Full Stack Developer program. This program is run in partnership with a leading employer in the global software consultancy space. The Lead Instructor will report into the Country Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) Lead, Generation, Singapore.
WHY JOIN US
- Work on an exciting new program in a start-up like environment
- Contribute to an important social mission in Singapore, improving education and employment opportunities to underserved mid career professionals
- Work in a well-supported, high caliber, diverse team setting
Type of employment: 3-4 month contract beginning in August 2021 with a possibility of extension
TO APPLY please write to email@example.com with your resume and ‘FSD LEAD INSTRUCTOR 2021’ in the subject line.
Applicants must have the right to work in Singapore.
To be successful you'll need:
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Excellent knowledge across industry trends and able to share your own personal insight with students. You love to inspire diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help your group
of learners acquire technical skills, behavioural skills, mindsets and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the sector.
- Deep knowledge, relevant certifications and at least 5 years of industry experience on Full Stack Developer
- Some experience coaching adults (any experience will be highly regarded) and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner.
- Experience working with adults and/or has extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in adult education.
- Experience in using a Learner Management System (LMS) or equivalent.
- Ability to share your own personal insight with students.
- Passion to inspire and guide diverse groups of stakeholders including educators and students.
- Strong desire to help learners acquire industry specific skills, behavioural skills, mindsets and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees.
- You should feel comfortable about communicating to large and small groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner.
- Ability to collect and analyze participant data that will influence participant interactions.
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from participants, lead instructor and the Generation team.
What you'll do:
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Attend and participate in Generation onboarding for Instructors.
- Deliver engaging online synchronous modules to a diverse group of learners and guide them in their asynchronous (independent learning) modules.
- Deliver different types of Generation sessions and/or parts thereof.
- Adapt communication style to reflect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Work independently (supported by the Country C&I Lead) to deliver a high quality and personalised learning experience for all participants.
- Administer, grade, and/or provide feedback on weekly assessments.
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in Salesforce/ Canvas) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Bring the learning experience to life, building community and enhance relevance by drawing on your own industry experience.
- Provide relevant and timely feedback to students on formative and summative assessment and/or on student projects.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Coach and guide students to be as employable as possible and support them to develop industry standard portfolios.
- Commit to and empathise with mid-career professionals and disconnected populations .
- Engage in periodic office hours for students and/or Lead Instructors and/or the Generation team.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.