As part of Generation Singapore, the Program Associate will join a fast-paced, collaborative team dedicated to creating impact for jobseekers in Singapore. The Associate would report directly to the Program Manager and collaborate closely with the other teams to create impact in the lives of the Generation learners.
The Associate would be responsible for executing the learner engagement strategies for both tech and non-tech cohorts (up to 3 cohorts a time), including the following tasks:
- Manage screening and selection of applicants for owned cohorts/programs
- Responsible for learner engagement throughout program journey and job search; manage all learner-facing communication and offer ongoing support to troubleshoot key learner concerns
- Plan and execute program activities throughout program journey, e.g. orientation, graduation, employer networking and placement activities
- Maintain and report learner-related data using Generation data processes and systems
Who You’ll Work With:
You will be part of Generation: You Employed, Singapore a local charity with a mission to create meaningful career pathways for people facing barriers to employment. We are an affiliate of Generation: You Employed, a global network of non-profit organizations working on a mission to bridge the gap between education and employment systems to prepare, place and support people into meaningful jobs that are otherwise inaccessible. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale. Till date, Generation has supported more than 60,000 people of all ages across 17 countries to get into career-launching jobs. Our placement rates are one of the best in the market at nearly 82% of all Generation graduates securing full-time jobs within 90 days from completing the program.
We are able to achieve such outcomes as a result of a robust demand-led methodology to design and deliver profession specific skilling programmes that lead to employment. We’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our learners achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programmes prepare unemployed or underemployed people of all ages, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
To apply, please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with the resume, please mention in not more than 5 bullet points, your motivation to apply for this role.
To be successful you'll need:
- An extrovert who enjoys working with people and has a passion for supporting jobseekers of all ages to gain employment
- Excellent planning and organising skills, orientation to detail and time management
- Ability to pick up project management tools with training
- An excellent communicator and can customise her/his communication to a diverse learner group
- Have the ability to remain calm in adverse situations, and can prioritise learner interest and well-being above all
- Comfortable with speaking to a large group of learners, and making ad-hoc presentations to explain complex messages to learners in a simple manner
- Comfortable to work on digital tools such as GSuite and Salesforce (Open to taking additional trainings for tools like Salesforce)
- A self-starter who takes end-to-end ownership of tasks assigned; open to asking for help where required and can collaborate extensively across the organisation
- Open to all educational qualifications if you match the competencies mentioned above
- Prior experience in customer service, hospitality, student management will be preferred
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Singapore
What you'll do:
1.Learner Recruitment (30%)
- Screen and shortlist suitable applicants for owned cohorts/programs
- Process applications for owned programs in a timely manner by screening and shortlisting applicants according to our internal recruitment framework
- Update applicant data on Generation Salesforce platform in a timely manner
2.Program Delivery (40%)
- Align on the end-to-end Learner Engagement strategy with cross-functional teams and assist in collection and consolidation of data regarding the program
- Prepare learner communication materials and execute key activities such as program orientation, learner connect sessions and mentorship onboarding (Collaborate with the Program Manager to align on key messages and outcomes for each activity)
- Encourage peer support among learners to resolve common concerns, support troubleshooting of learner concerns and issues, and escalate where required to relevant internal stakeholders
- Coordinate effective online or hybrid learning, including managing logistics and administrative matters
- Conduct class observation to monitor student engagement levels and support issues which arise during class
- Participate in regular meetings with the instructors, program manager and C&I team where applicable
3.Placement Coordination (30%)
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and prepare the co-curricular activities calendar for every cohort, aligned with the broader learner engagement strategy
- Coordinate and execute placement preparation activities for owned cohorts/programs, including ad hoc employer engagement, career fairs, employer-learner job matching process, mock interviews etc (Collaborate with Employer Partnerships & Placement Manager)
- Ensure regular data reporting on learner job status up to 6 months from graduation and provide internal stakeholders with learner data on an adhoc basis
Generation is a global employment nonprofit network that supports people to achieve economic mobility so they can change their lives. We train and place adults into careers that would otherwise be inaccessible and seek to improve how education to employment systems function. Generation launched in 2015 and consists of a global hub and a network of in-country affiliates that spans 17 countries. To date, Generation has more than 75,000 graduates who have earned more than $630 million in wages, and works with more than 11,000 employers, implementation partners, and funders.