We are seeking a talented, full-time Program Manager, interested in in managing operations related to the delivery of Generation’s boot camps, including youth recruitment, business development, and stakeholder management.
You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer at Generation France, and will work closely with other members of the Generation team, including the Curriculum & Instruction Lead. You will be the primary point of contact for Generation operations in the country and expected to manage the end-to-end delivery of the Generation methodology, including recruiting, training, and placing learners into pre-agreed vacancies with employers, as well as follow-up with our learners post placement.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in French to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be successful you'll need:
- Recommended minimum 5+ years direct supervisory or management experience, preferably in education, government or a commercial organization. Experience collaborating with France based public/private educational institutions is a big plus
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with educational institutions, and/or has knowledge of current trends, issues and the players in the skills training landscape
- Creative and analytical thinker with a track record of managing projects and delivering operational targets
- Action oriented problem-solver with a passion for execution; Does not hesitate to roll-up-the-sleeves and get involved in ‘doing’ the actual work when required
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (English required) and attention to detail
- Adaptable and self-reflective; open to incorporate feedback and rapidly adapt
- Positive, solutions oriented attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required of start-ups that takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the programme without guidance
- Experience working in France is required
- Some experience delivering multi-week training programs for adult learners will be preferred. Need to have a decent understanding of various challenges/constraints
What you'll do:
Overall Operations & Program Management: meeting operational targets for ongoing programs, being run in collaboration with local partners (Eg: Enrollment, Placement, On-job retention etc.)
- Collaborate with partners to ensure smooth functioning of end-to-end processes including learner recruitment, in-class training, jobs-matching & transition to employment, in accordance with pre-agreed program specifications as per Generation methodology
- Learner Recruiting: Support the training partners to manage recruitment & intake of Generation learners as per pre-agreed screening criteria (could include pre-work, selection tests & interviews)
- Support training partners in strategizing and executing ‘Placement’ activities for graduating learners, including industry outreach, jobs matching and learner preparation
- Follow up with our alumni and employers to collect ongoing feedback on their workplace performance (ROI) and use the insights to constantly recommend improvements to the operating model
- Serve as primary point of contact for Generation’s local partners in the country and assist pro-actively in solving operational problems
- Maintain Generation’s central database and conduct regular analysis to recommend improvements to the operating model
- Ensure consistent communication with Generation coalition (local partners, Generation regional and global teams), including drafting update emails and leading weekly calls
- Ensure viable funding model for operations of given program
Business Development & Partnership management: you will be required to conduct Business development efforts with a variety of different stakeholders to ensure the viability of Generation activities.
- Private sector: business development geared around securing employer partners for Generation programs (new or existing), managing employer relationship and financial contribution, coordinating placement of learners, ROI calculation
- Public sector: reaching out to potential public entities (State, Regional, European) for funding opportunities, grant proposal drafting and submission, high-level meetings to present Generation ; liaison with the governmental unemployment agency (Pôle emploi) for youth mobilization
- NGO’s and grassroots organizations: reaching out to new partners ; liaison with existing partners for youth recruitment, social support and mentorship, collaborative projects, consortium discussions
- Community management of our social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) with Generation content, NGO/social impact content, our partners’ activities, etc.
- Press release drafting, liaison with journalists, press tracking, interviews with media channels
- Organization of Generation events (graduation ceremony, launch, round-table) ; presence at partners’ events ; covering events on social media
- Creating social media and/or marketing content ; blog posts, videos of youth or employers, informational flyers
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in ten countries—98 cities and 261 sites—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.