GENERATION HONG KONG: THE NEW EDUCATION TO EMPLOYMENT NON-PROFIT PLATFORM
ARE YOU OUR MATCH?
Generation Hong Kong is not the typical non-profit organization (NGOs) that you could imagine. Instead, we’re a fast-growing non-profit start-up that doesn’t only solve problems but also drive system changes in the education to employment space. We are a team of passionate individuals coming from different backgrounds and professions, from commercial to education and non-profit sectors. “Better our Best” is our value that brings us all together. If you are open-minded, agile and want to drive changes at a deeper systemic level, this is the place that feels like home.
WHO WE ARE
Generation is an independent nonprofit founded in 2014 by McKinsey & Company to help bridge the education to employment gap – at speed and scale. We have trained and graduated 61,000+ people into careers across 16 countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts. Our effort in Hong Kong covers 6 training programs in 3 future-oriented industries since 2018. Over 600 learners have been trained from around 40 cohorts. And the employment rate of our learners after graduation is close to 90%.
Everything we do is to support underserved individuals into life-changing careers. We believe our proven methodology can eventually serve millions of stakeholders including individuals and employers. We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. We use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve. And we are collaborating closely with our partners to drive the systemic change in the education to employment space.
WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR:
The Project Manager is a full-time role who will report to the Senior Project Manager. The Project Manager is the key contact point on the recruitment effort and stakeholder relations management of a one-year professional traineeship program targeting youth in Hong Kong. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Permanent employment will be subject to mutual agreement between Generation Hong Kong and the individual after the contract ends.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with last and expected salary to email@example.com
To be successful you'll need:
- 4-5 years of experience in an NGO / education sector / business management / project management / human resources / Public Relations / charity projects in Hong Kong; extensive contacts within the NGO / education / human resources landscape will be an advantage.
- Enthused about youth employment initiatives and motivated to support first-time-job seekers to kick start their self-discovery and career journey through a year-long professional traineeship program.
- Experience in project management / Public Relations / sales / account servicing in a B2B environment is preferred.
- Engaging and able to build relationships with multiple external stakeholders such as NGOs, industry associations, technology hubs, employers with strong project management skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexible, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up.
- A team leader and collaborator who encompasses positive and solutions-oriented attitude, as well as driving for excellence.
- Self-reflective and open to receiving and giving feedback to others.
- Ability to work against firm deadlines to achieve the targets and objectives.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint , etc.
- Immediate availability is preferred.
What you'll do:
- Act as the key contact of convenors and partners for the project and build close relationship with these stakeholders to achieve project goals.
- Partner with convenors to recruit trainees (youth who are first-time-job seekers) of the project, from application/recruitment, selection, job-matching of the trainees, as well as on- going engagement of the convenors/employers.
- Provide ongoing assistance to convenors, employers and partners, through organizing training sessions, regular meetings and respective follow-ups to achieve project goals.
- Collaborate with external parties, monitoring progress, and providing comprehensive updates on every stage to ensure an engaging convenors/employers experience of the project.
- Work closely with the funder and project partners to support the sector adoption of the project through different tactics, such as thought-leadership events, marketing and publicity initiatives, impact stories development and more.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by the management.
Generation is a global employment nonprofit network that supports people to achieve economic mobility so they can change their lives. We train and place adults into careers that would otherwise be inaccessible and seek to improve how education to employment systems function. Generation launched in 2015 and consists of a global hub and a network of in-country affiliates that spans 17 countries. To date, Generation has more than 75,000 graduates who have earned more than $630 million in wages, and works with more than 11,000 employers, implementation partners, and funders.