Project Officer (Enterprise Advisors Management)
GENERATION HONG KONG: THE NEW EDUCATION TO EMPLOYMENT NON-PROFIT PLATFORM
ARE YOU OUR MATCH?
Generation Hong Kong is not the typical non-profit organization (NGOs) that you could imagine. Instead, we’re a fast-growing non-profit start-up that doesn’t only solve problems but also drive system changes in the education to employment space. We are a team of passionate individuals coming from different backgrounds and professions, from commercial to education and non-profit sectors. “Better our Best” is our value that brings us all together. If you are open-minded, agile and want to drive changes at a deeper systemic level, this is the place that feels like home.
WHO WE ARE
Generation is an independent nonprofit founded in 2014 by McKinsey & Company to help bridge the education to employment gap – at speed and scale. We have trained and graduated 61,000+ people into careers across 16 countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts. Our effort in Hong Kong covers 6 training programs in 3 future-oriented industries since 2018. Over 600 learners have been trained from around 40 cohorts. And the employment rate of our learners after graduation is close to 90%.
Everything we do is to support underserved individuals into life-changing careers. We believe our proven methodology can eventually serve millions of stakeholders including individuals and employers. We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. We use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve. And we are collaborating closely with our partners to drive the systemic change in the education to employment space.
WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR:
Project Officer (Enterprise Advisors Management)
The Project Officer/ Senior Project Officer is a full-time role under the Generation X CLAP@JC initiative which focuses on fostering a sustainable ecosystem to facilitate youth with their transition from school to work, enabling them to pursue a fulfilling life through cross sector collaborations in school, community, and workplace. The Officer will report to the Assistant BD and Partnership Manager and is the key contact point on all matters related to Enterprise Advisors (EA, who are business volunteers in school engagement) and work with other organizations in the project. A 2-year contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Permanent employment will be subject to mutual agreement between Generation Hong Kong and the individual after contract end.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with last and expected salary to email@example.com
To be successful you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an NGO/education sector/ project management/ business management; extensive contacts within the NGO/education landscape will be an advantage. Applicants with less experience will be considered as an Assistant Project Officer.
- Experience in account servicing in a B2B environment is preferred.
- Engage and be able to build relationships with multiple external stakeholders and within the team.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence and a team player.
- Able to work against firm deadlines to achieve the targets and objectives.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc., and knowledge in MS Power BI and Salesforce will be an advantage.
- Immediate availability is preferred.
What you'll do:
- Support the outreach, recruitment, selection and matching of EAs.
- Support EAs’ engagement with schools, including all the logistics and coordination with the EAs, the schools and the internal teams.
- Keep track of all EA activities with schools.
- Manage EA Network events & all related publications.
- Support the preparation of materials such as EA handbook, induction materials, annual survey, EA portfolio, etc.
- Work closely with other stakeholders in the project to ensure a smooth journey between EAs and schools.
- Prepare regular reporting for project’s progress update submissions.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by the management.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.