TRAINING MANAGER, GENERATION, SINGAPORE
We are seeking a talented TRAINING MANAGER to manage curriculum and instruction across a suite of Generation training programs. Reporting into the Curriculum and Instruction Lead (“C&I Lead”), you will be responsible for the day-to-day instructor and learner experience across our technical as well as non-technical programs. To be considered for the role, you should be a teamplayer and have a strong growth mindset. Innovation and adaptability should be key strengths of yours. Ideally, you should have some experience in Technology Enhanced Learning.
WHY JOIN US
● Work on exciting new programs in a start-up like environment
● Contribute to an important social mission in Singapore, improving education and employment opportunities
● Work in a well-supported, international team setting with other Generation teams globally, and a high caliber team to strengthen your problem-solving skills
At Generation, we are committed to working in an engaging, collaborative and inclusive environment. We value our nurturing space where we share ideas freely and treat each other with empathy and respect. Generation encourages applicants of all races, religion, ethnicities, ages, sexual identities, physical and/or mental disabilities.
Type of employment: One year contract with the option of renewal
This role is open for Singapore Citizens and Permanent residents. If this excites you, please complete this application. We’ll be in touch with you shortly.
To be successful you'll need:
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a trainer/instructor with some online delivery experience.
- Experience working with adults and/or has extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in adult education.
- Experience in using a Learner Management System (LMS) or equivalent.
- Ability to share your own personal insight with instructors and learners.
- Passion to inspire and guide diverse groups of stakeholders including educators and learners.
- Strong desire to help learners acquire industry specific skills, behavioural skills, mindsets and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adapt different communicative styles while working with different stakeholders.
- Ability to collect and analyze data that will influence teaching and learning quality across programs.
- Ability to step back for reflection and be open to frequent feedback from instructors, delivery partners, learners and the Generation team.
What you'll do:
- Create a culture and community among instructors, motivating them and their learners to reach their full potential and invest in Generation’s mission.
- Adapt communication style to reﬂect and connect with the diverse experiences of instructors.
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of programs ensuring that instructors and participants of programs are well supported.
- Ensure the learner management system is up to date and that regular student feedback surveys are conducted
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including the country and global curriculum teams and our delivery partners, keeping them up-to-date with areas of strength and potential for growth.
- Liaise with instructors, students, the programs/operations team, mentors and guest speakers to ensure a cohesive and seamless learning journey for participants.
- Deliver non technical sessions on behavioural skills, mindsets, social support, mentorship and employment essentials if required.
- Develop and deliver online and / or in-person onboarding and training, under the supervision of and in collaboration with the C&I Lead, for Generation trainers, engaging them using best practices for adult education delivery.
- Plan and conduct instructor observations using relevant metrics
- Deliver personalized coaching, as required, to Generation instructors and support trainers in setting professional development goals.
- Provide ongoing, differentiated support based on data collected to instructors to help them achieve goals, including check-in meetings, refresher training and peer learning.
- Other duties as required.
Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale.
We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed young people, aged 18 to 29, for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades.
Today, Generation is active in fourteen countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.