GENERATION HONG KONG: THE NEW EDUCATION TO EMPLOYMENT NON-PROFIT PLATFORM
ARE YOU OUR MATCH?
Generation Hong Kong is not the typical non-profit organization (NGOs) that you could imagine. Instead, we’re a fast-growing non-profit start-up that doesn’t only solve problems but also drive system changes in the education to employment space. We are a team of passionate individuals coming from different backgrounds and professions, from commercial to education and non-profit sectors. “Better our Best” is our value that brings us all together. If you are open-minded, agile and want to drive changes at a deeper systemic level, this is the place that feels like home.
WHO WE ARE
Generation is an independent nonprofit founded in 2014 by McKinsey & Company to help bridge the education to employment gap – at speed and scale. We have trained and graduated 85,000+ people into careers across 17 countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts. Since 2018, our effort in Hong Kong covers 6 training programs in 3 future-oriented industries. Over 800 individuals have been trained and supported into careers. And the employment rate of our learners after graduation is close to 90%.
Everything we do is to support underserved individuals into life-changing careers. We believe our proven methodology can eventually serve millions of stakeholders including individuals and employers. We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. We use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve. And we are collaborating closely with our partners to drive the systemic change in the education to employment space.
WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR:
With the successful launch of one of our funder’s signature traineeship programs targeting first-time-jobseekers in Hong Kong, we are now in the advocacy phase where we strategize plans to drive systemic change in the education-to-employment space by providing a solid talent matching and development framework that has been scaled-up and delivered with impact. Our vision is to foster the Corporates, NGOs, education institutions, and other key stakeholders’ reimagination of young talents, create career pathways for youth, and transform the business landscape with new talent pools.
The Program Manager is a full-time role who will report to the Associate Program Director. The mission of this role is to establish strong relationships, advocate for inclusive and effective talent matching practices, and create impactful career development opportunities for young talent. He/She will be the key contact point on stakeholder outreach and relations management, driving development of content for a comprehensive knowledge hub, and planning and implementing events with the support of our marketing team. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Permanent employment will be subject to mutual agreement between Generation Hong Kong and the individual after the contract ends.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with last and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be successful you'll need:
- 6-10 years of experience in an NGO / education sector / business management / project management / human resources / Public Relations / charity projects in Hong Kong; extensive contacts within the NGO / education / human resources landscape will be an advantage.
- Enthused about youth employment initiatives and motivated to support first-time-job seekers to kick start their self-discovery and career journey.
- A team leader and collaborator who encompasses positive and solutions-oriented attitude, as well as driving for excellence.
- Experience in project management / Public Relations / sales / account servicing in a B2B environment is preferred.
- Engaging and able to build relationships with multiple external stakeholders such as NGOs, industry associations, technology hubs, employers with strong project management skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexible, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up.
- Self-reflective and open to receiving and giving feedback to others.
- Ability to work against firm deadlines to achieve the targets and objectives.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.; knowledge in data management will be an advantage.
- Immediate availability is preferred.
What you'll do:
- Overall Project Management and Strategic Planning:
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness and impact of activities and identify improvement opportunities throughout the project.
- Develop regular reports that capture project progress and impact, ensuring successful execution of deliverables.
- Provide ongoing assistance to convenors, employers, partners, and trainees in the program.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Be the key contact of industry and education partners such as business and professional associations, large corporations, and career centers for the project and foster a supportive ecosystem to achieve project goals.
- Partner with marketing team to facilitate stakeholder engagement events, such as workshops, learning sessions, thought leadership activities, and the launch of digital resources to enhance awareness and mindset shift towards first-time job seekers in the education-to-employment space.
- Collaborate with educational institutions and their career centers to incorporate the talent matching and development framework into their programs and network according to industry needs.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by the management.
- Broaden your industry network and collaborate with influential stakeholders.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to drive industry adoption.
- Shape and influence the career development landscape for young talent.
- Lead and inspire in a dynamic and dedicated team.
- Contribute to the long-term vision and strategic direction of industry advocacy practices.
Generation is a global employment nonprofit network that supports people to achieve economic mobility so they can change their lives. We train and place adults into careers that would otherwise be inaccessible and seek to improve how education to employment systems function. Generation launched in 2015 and consists of a global hub and a network of in-country affiliates that spans 17 countries. To date, Generation has more than 75,000 graduates who have earned more than $630 million in wages, and works with more than 11,000 employers, implementation partners, and funders.