Officer (Marketing & Communications)
GENERATION HONG KONG: THE NEW EDUCATION TO EMPLOYMENT NON-PROFIT PLATFORM
ARE YOU OUR MATCH?
Generation Hong Kong is not the typical non-profit organization (NGOs) that you could imagine. Instead, we’re a fast-growing non-profit start-up that doesn’t only solve problems but also drive system changes in the education to employment space. We are a team of passionate individuals coming from different backgrounds and professions, from commercial to education and non-profit sectors. “Better our Best” is our value that brings us all together. If you are open-minded, agile and want to drive changes at a deeper systemic level, this is the place that feels like home.
WHO WE ARE
Generation is an independent nonprofit founded in 2014 by McKinsey & Company to help bridge the education to employment gap – at speed and scale. We have trained and graduated 85,000+ people into careers across 17 countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts. Since 2018, our effort in Hong Kong covers 6 training programs in 3 future-oriented industries. Over 800 individuals have been trained and supported into careers. And the employment rate of our learners after graduation is close to 90%.
Everything we do is to support underserved individuals into life-changing careers. We believe our proven methodology can eventually serve millions of stakeholders including individuals and employers. We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. We use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve. And we are collaborating closely with our partners to drive the systemic change in the education to employment space.
WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR:
Officer (Marketing & Communications)
The Officer is a full-time role who will report to the Assistant Manager/ Manager. The role will support executing all Public Relations and Marketing initiatives in relation to advocating inclusive recruitment practices and traineeship model. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate.
Immediate availability is preferred. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with last and expected salary to email@example.com.
To be successful you'll need:
- 2 years of Public Relations and Marketing experience in an NGO / education sector / business management / project management/ Public Relations / charity projects in Hong Kong; contacts within the NGO / education / human resources/media/ industry landscape will be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic about youth employment initiatives and motivated to support first-time-job seekers to kick start their self-discovery and career journey through professional traineeship program.
- Keen to build and manage the relationships with diverse stakeholders such as funder, NGOs, industry associations, employers.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexible, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Meticulous to details and sound execution skills.
- Ability to work against firm deadlines to achieve the targets and objectives.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.,
What you'll do:
- Execute all Public Relations and Marketing initiatives regarding youth employment to maximize coverage, awareness and level of appeal in all strategic channels and platforms.
- Implement the communication plan targeting all key stakeholders to facilitate youth employment program adoption with sustainability and scalability.
- Work with multiple program stakeholders including project funder, organization leaders, convenors, HR practitioners, NGO employment service, education institution career centre, youth job seekers to expand program reach and impact.
- Plan and execute events reaching out to key stakeholders; promote program adoption and facilitate relevant parties’ coordination to achieve project goals.
- Develop communication materials and create content including press release, newsletter, brochure, social media post, videos and other items that deemed necessary to promote the program.
- Monitor, analyze, and report PR and marketing initiatives on a regular basis.
- Support Assistant Manager/ Manager in PR and marketing duties.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by the management.
Generation is a global employment nonprofit network that supports people to achieve economic mobility so they can change their lives. We train and place adults into careers that would otherwise be inaccessible and seek to improve how education to employment systems function. Generation launched in 2015 and consists of a global hub and a network of in-country affiliates that spans 17 countries. To date, Generation has more than 75,000 graduates who have earned more than $630 million in wages, and works with more than 11,000 employers, implementation partners, and funders.