Generation : You Employed (HK) Limited
ARE YOU OUR MATCH?
Generation Hong Kong is not the typical non-profit organization (NGOs) that you could imagine. Instead, we’re a fast-growing non-profit start-up that doesn’t only solve problems but also drive system changes in the education to employment space. We are a team of passionate individuals coming from different backgrounds and professions, from commercial to education and non-profit sectors. “Better our Best” is our value that brings us all together. If you are open- minded, agile and want to drive changes at a deeper systemic level, this is the place that feels like home.
WHO WE ARE
Generation is an independent nonprofit founded in 2014 by McKinsey & Company to help bridge the education to employment gap – at speed and scale. We have trained and graduated 77,000+ people into careers across 17 countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts. Since 2018, our effort in Hong Kong covers 6 training programs in 3 future-oriented industries. Close to 800 individuals have been trained and supported into careers. And the employment rate of our learners after graduation is close to 90%.
Everything we do is to support underserved individuals into life-changing careers. We believe our proven methodology can eventually serve millions of stakeholders including individuals and employers. We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. We use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve. And we are collaborating closely with our partners to drive the systemic change in the education to employment space.
WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR:
The Program Officer is a full-time role under the CLAP@JC X Generation Programs that will report to the Program Manager and is a part of driving force to shape the program, to coordinate program operations and to provide support to disconnected individuals attending the Generation program.
To apply, please send in your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be successful you'll need:
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following experience and qualifications:
- A believer in the value of creating social good and social innovation, passionate about youth development and embrace teamwork and collaborations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexible, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a startup.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence and a team player.
- Self-reflective and open to receiving and giving feedback to others.
- Ability to work against firm deadlines to achieve the targets and objectives.
- Engaging and able to build relationships with multiple external stakeholders such as employers, community members, families of students with great attention to detail.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an NGO / education sector in Hong Kong; extensive contacts within the NGO/education landscape will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
What you'll do:
- Support interviews and analysis required for introducing the selected profession for the target population.
- Conduct “skills-mapping” process by working with employers to localize and tailor the program for the selected profession.
- As the program expands, ensure that all stakeholders understand the logistics involved in getting ready to deliver the curriculum.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
- Be the first point of contact for students and delivery partners for the program.
- Manage the day-to-day logistical operations of the program, which may include booking venues, organising materials and coordinating guest speakers.
- Liaising with learners and mentors to understand the learner profile and support the learning process.
- Supporting the recruitment process to meet eligibility requirements set by funding partners, through meeting with local community organisations, assisting in the alumni referral process and communicating with other recruitment partners.
- Assisting in the selection process, through organising info sessions, interviewing potential candidates and conducting pre-program follow-ups.
- Providing ongoing assistance to learners through the enrolment process to ensure turnout on Day 1 of the program.
- Organise and run events, meetings and presentations that will inform and inspire prospective partners and learners.
- Support the Impact Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) by collecting data and feedback from learners where advised, ensuring we have an accurate record of student progress into the workforce.
- Support the building and deepening of employer relationships – which includes meeting employers for understanding the requirements and concerns regarding performance of candidates and performing ROI analysis with student & employer data collected.
- Forging Partnerships for scaling up the Methodology – forge partnerships for the program with organizations that are in the education field/have relevance in helping to build out the program.
Generation is a global employment nonprofit network that supports people to achieve economic mobility so they can change their lives. We train and place adults into careers that would otherwise be inaccessible and seek to improve how education to employment systems function. Generation launched in 2015 and consists of a global hub and a network of in-country affiliates that spans 17 countries. To date, Generation has more than 75,000 graduates who have earned more than $630 million in wages, and works with more than 11,000 employers, implementation partners, and funders.